header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stories
 Comment on peoples stories
 An Uncommon Day.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Rob Carson

carlisle
United Kingdom

366 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  11:34:17  Show Profile Send Rob Carson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It began for Barney when his psychologists car broke down on Eastern Way. She remained by the car and Barney climbed over a security fence to call the police as it was an accident waiting to happen. The security guard closed his newspaper in stunned surprise as Barney waved through the window to him. 'Car' broken down, Mate. Can I phone the police?' The police enquired a bit about who the caller was and when he heard Barney say he was a patient at Sunningdale's his face grew paler. Two police cars and a van turned up. That night the door of The Coppice was locked at 9 pm and Barney hadn't returned from The Arroyo. Tony and Sam noted the night-nurse's irritation and knew if would be a reportable matter. There was a rap at the window. Barney was hauled in and they noticed he was missing a shoe. The following morning they retraced Barney's steps to the iron gate leading from the housing estate. There in the mud was Barney's shoe. 'I know I am going to stand to attention and salute,' Barney said. 'I'll just do it without even thinking..' The door to the front room opened and Malcolm appeared, briefly.' Aaah, very good, very good..' he said closing the door. 'Creepin' Jesus..' Barney said under his breath. The officer arrived just after lunch. Barney pulled in his stomach and snapped to attention. After a slightly awkward exchange a parcel was thrust to Barney and the offer left after they both clipped to attention. The door to the front room opened and Malcolm appeared, fleetingly. 'Ahhh very good, very good,' he said closing the door. 'Creepin' Jesu...' Barney said under his breath. He opened the parcel. He had heard there was a fund for ex-servicemen and had applied. A pair of socks, a bag of crisps, a chocolate bar, and a get-well card...Barney kept looking at it not quite sure what to say or think. A DJ on the radio chimed in with. '...marriage is an institution but who wants to live in an institution. Tony, Sam, Barney and the others laughed.. Barney, as he preparing to leave The Coppice, proposed to the psychologist who accepted...
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000